• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    World of Warcraft Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread

    World of Warcraft Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread


    Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to Midweek Mending, your weekly thread for everything related to trying to save people who just can't help but stand in the fire. You're the hero we need but don't deserve. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to healing of any kind.


    Check out pins within the Class Discords (Retail) or the Class Discords (Classic) for good, vetted information.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The perfect tmog doesn't exi-

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Hi again, back with another Lil Dragon. This time, Onyxia!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Holy shit, I found the butcher barber of stormwind street

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Blizzard just made a hotfix to throttle the AH after several searches/scans, essentially killing AH addons

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    The overreliance on the analytics team is suffocating retail

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    The developers can still make compelling, fluid gameplay thats fun. But having to throw the layers of different currencies to purchase what effectively functions as talents on the game to make you stay logged in longer [grinding these currencies] is crushing the fun of the game. Instead, they should just let the fun gameplay encourage us to play our mains and our alts.

    There are other problems in the game (overreliance on rng everywhere, for instance), there's no denying it. But I think this is the issue at the heart of it all.

    Hitting max level and not having all the tools to play your class properly (except not having better gear) is just not fun. Putting them behind multi-month grinds eliminates the possibility of playing alternate characters - and they are a huge draw for people like me.

    The developers need to be allowed to make the game fun - this time gated nonsense with a multitude of different currencies and talent systems that are not tied to your character (hidden behind a time gated grind which is largely exclusive to your hunt for better items) is bad game design.

    It feels like this design was mandated by a department that doesn't understand game design and just wants engagement KPIs. It's a design that keeps you logged in doing chores - not actually having fun.

    So, while I'm subscribed, I'm feverishly trying to catch up with the daily chores. Eventually I tire of the chores and want a change of pace with an alt. When I level an alt I now have to do the same chores twice. The fun of the gameplay wears out when I realize I'm just doing chores most of the time. And I still can't catch up for months on either character, so I get discouraged and quit. After some time I get the urge to play again only to realize I'm behind everyone in a different patch again. Rinse and repeat.

    Sure, on the KPIs it looks like I'm really engaged when I'm subbed. But what about all those other months (sometimes years) I'm not? Before Blizzard worshipped at the altar of engagement, they just made the game fun. I subbed for years. Sure, I wasn't logged in every day for hours doing chores, but I definitely logged in frequently during the week and my $15 kept coming in.

    I can't be the only one. How can Blizzard not see this?

    submitted by /u/dijn0
    [link] [comments]

    U can now skip directly to jaina for the mount

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Was questing in Tiragarde and saw a familiar face

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Easy

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    when Garrison Stable turn into garage

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Hey Blizzard, it's past due to remove the prerequisites of essences and let them be purchased from the vendor in the twilight of BfA.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    The system implemented was awful, so you offered band aid solutions for alts with Echoes. Now it's time to remove all of the requirements for essences and let the game be played by the community before the content designed never gets seen by many, many people.

    There was a surge of returning and new players alike during Covid19 quarantine who are at a massive time disadvantage to unlock all the content before the expansion ends. There are plenty of seasoned players who flat out refuse to participate in certain content, like PvP for example. These essences will never be unlocked due to locking content behind undesirable play experiences.

    It's time to make things right before the expansion ends.

    submitted by /u/fuddee-Duddee
    [link] [comments]

    Cool find at a thrift store

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Well I don’t think I’m ever going to get a closer call than that.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Preserved Contaminants and Legendary Cloak Updates

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Void elf by Preston glover (PriestonART)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Portrait of High Anchorite Sarel by Hyanide.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Blizzard, as a QOL change can we be able to choose any buttons as a modifier key, not just ctrl and shift

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Basically title. It's silly that if I want to use my mouse buttons as modifier keys I have to go into my mouse settings and change them, why not just allow me to have mouse 4 as a modifier key.

    submitted by /u/EvanDan4th
    [link] [comments]

    If you have a R15 legendary cloak on one character, you should instantly receive the cloak at level 1 on alts.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    We're at the end of the expansion, I'm on my 4th alt, I'm really tired of spending hours just to get the cape. This should have been QOL from the start of corruption.

    submitted by /u/Louisvillian50
    [link] [comments]

    I somehow managed to use Wraithchill on Apolyon (a weapon that cannot receive enchant illusions)... Magic!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Interesting boundary break: Your character model shrinks inside the Sky Golem when you are in the flying animations and the cockpit hatch is covered.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    [OC] Commission I did of Braigh the Dark Iron dwarf!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    NEW Alliance Intro cutscene for the new player experience

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I painted my DK casting cold heart....or is it chains of ice?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    The Trilogy is now completed - What if Illidan had feet?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    No Take Candle!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment