• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    World of Warcraft Official Guild Recruitment Thread

    World of Warcraft Official Guild Recruitment Thread


    Official Guild Recruitment Thread

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Are you looking for more people for your guild? Are you looking for a guild? Put your recruitment posts here! Don't forget about /r/wowguilds in the meanwhile; sometimes you can't wait a couple of weeks to find a guild.

    Please respond to the top level comment that matches the Region and Faction of your guild. If you're neither NA, Oceanic or EU then post under Other.

    ***

    Other Guild Recruitment Resources: [Here](https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/wiki/discord#wiki\_guild\_recruitment)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tyrande cosplay by @NargaLifestream

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:01 AM PST

    Bunch of new players! So wholsome!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    My....upper body won’t move?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:48 PM PST

    Pug adventures: I met One Punch Man

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:26 AM PST

    Albios, my own character - Art by Myself

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Alright guys, Legion invasion for December 2020 confirmed

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 12:47 AM PST

    99 druids in the swamp, take one down, report it around, 101 druids in the swamp...

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:58 PM PST

    Sylvanas Artwork By Rose Benjamin

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:46 PM PST

    Allow players to solo queue for rated bgs

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:28 PM PST

    It's next to impossible to find a group for rated. Just let us queue for it please.

    submitted by /u/Living_Try_2436
    [link] [comments]

    had to cancel my sub for the first time in 13 years due to money problems and managed to get on the free weekend and give my main a makeover. this was how she looked in 2008. 7 year old me would be shitting herself over how cool she still is.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 08:58 PM PST

    My old raid lead helped me out in game so I drew their character as a thank you.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:43 AM PST

    The seemingly impunity of harassers in World of Warcraft

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:49 AM PST

    Hi, my name is Peter, and I've been playing World of Warcraft for about 15 of the 16 years it has been out. Why did I miss a year? Grab a coffee, I have a couple stories to share.

    I've also shared this on the official WoW forums, if you prefer to answer there: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-seemingly-impunity-of-harassers-in-world-of-warcraft/203625

    Of those 15 years, nearly half of them have been spent playing with the AH, and with very casual gameplay in between. Which is my main driving train in WoW since Legion, last time I raided was in WoD.

    I didn't play WoW through most of Pandaria until the WoD prepatch, why? Harassment from another player. Some people just don't like having competition in the AH and will go full psychopath trying to win the game. This guy prosecuted every business I managed to touch, and is ethically fine, as it's flagged as "AH PvP", but when he couldn't get me out of the AH, the harassment begun. He would create characters to whisper and harass me every single day, I don't know how many, but I can tell you that the ignore list has a limit of 50, and all of them where his. I reported his behaviour every single time he continued the harassment, and kept getting the same "We take this issues very seriously, please keep using the report tool, and we'll take every action possible". In the end I quit the game because of sheer frustration, and this scum of a person kept playing the game.

    Now, after 8 years, I'm in a similar situation. There's this psycho which, in turn, thinks he's the boss of the AH (the previous one at least played intelligently). After about a month of AH PvP, were he mindlessly bought me 800k worth of enchants which he thought he could flip for a benefit, He tried to communicate with me about 4 times, all of them just to insult me, but after a couple times, I just ignored him. He would keep spamming emotes (even when ignored, the emote animation plays) and run and jump all around me all day. He even pulled out pets with "names" to call me, even pull out pets sequentially to build phrases to call me stuff... I didn't care. I've also been told that he spams full monologues against me via /say, I didn't even want to know about the content. Now he has gone full psycho, in the last two days, I've ignored and reported about 6-7 characters of his, I also had to ignore a third person which he used to send me messages via /say. The messages go from plain insults, to questioning my sanity/virginity, imply that I'm botting, threats about spreading bad word of me through the server, about seeking my other auctioning toons among other servers... all kind of stuff. This is ridiculously tiring, and it is HARD not to answer to him (which I haven't

    But it doesn't stop here, I got in contact with and old guildie of yesteryear which also plays the AH, and has been widthstanding this guy since March, and his activity didn't stop with the insults and threats, this psycho actually recopilated IRL info on him, and whispered every guildie of him asking for more IRL info. He has reported him countless times, and he's still playing and not banned.

    Blizzard PRs have their mouth full of praise about their efforts against toxicity whenever they write a press note on it, but it doesn't reflect into the actual game.

    While I get that my duty is to "report and ignore him"... The actual job of the GMs is to do something about it. How much do we have to widthstand? Do I have to leave the game again? And let think this psycho that he 'has won'? Why do I have to get to the point when I think of this psycho even when I'm offline and nothing seems to be done about it?

    This all takes me to two main points:

    • We need better tools to ignore/block this kind of people: We need an option to block an account as a whole, with improved functionality, such as (for example) not seeing that persons emotes/name/pet names... anything. Heck, that person's toon should also be replaced with a random, ugly troll.
    • The GMs really, REALLY need to step up their game. No one should feel uncomfortable playing the game, no one should feel frustration whenever the WoW client flashes with a whisper... And ABSOLUTELY NO ONE should feel forced to leave the game because another random player's behaviour.

    If someone managed to get all the way through this, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/pagb6666
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye 24hr Gold Farmer!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 02:19 AM PST

    Took the Slayer Oath! So happy to be able to create the Dwarf I always wanted to play as!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:57 AM PST

    I just got through my first dungeon as a healer

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:39 PM PST

    AND BAM! We were attacked by creatures in a hallway but I used my HoT on the tank every time it happened. The hallways were a tight fight and our rogue wasn't always paying attention but as a monk, expel harm kept him alive.

    We got to the final boss, defeated that guy easy.

    BUT HE TURNED INTO SOME KIND OF DEMON! WITH LASERS AND SLEEP!

    The rogue died pretty quick but I kept the hunter and warrior alive. Rolled all over the place to dodge the laser and sleep. Kept using my vivify and mist on the tank! Kept going!

    BAM

    Before I knew it the absolute madlad of a tank took the guy down.

    I got a thing! I gained a level! Everyone said I healed really well!

    Thank's lads! That was a great first run. I'm going to keep it up!

    submitted by /u/C4se4
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got the stormpike battle charger, it was an absolute nightmare. From not being able to even queue for the first few days to then terrible lag for the rest of the event.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:51 AM PST

    Am I the only one who wants to cast them every time I log in?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:12 PM PST

    I made some holographic Guardian Druid stickers!��

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Logged in for the free weekend. It's not much but it's finally mine after countless Kara runs the last few years.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 03:24 AM PST

    "The war is over when I SAY it's over!" A gift to me from my friend Weston Bartosh

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:27 AM PST

    Not so superior after all

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:32 AM PST

    Some NPC in Suramar being real funny.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:43 AM PST

    Bra shows under DH armour for dark skinned BELFs

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Pixel Ardenweald by @dragumagu

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:21 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment