• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    World of Warcraft Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

    World of Warcraft Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread


    Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:37 AM PST

    Welcome to Tanking Tuesday, your weekly thread for everything related to standing in front of mobs and saying "HIT ME" and taking it like a champ. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to tanking of any kind.


    Check out pins within the Class Discords (Retail) or the Class Discords (Classic) for good, vetted information.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Please Ion, It's comic sans

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:26 AM PST

    Make 8.3 great again

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:52 AM PST

    I obey.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:26 PM PST

    Tyrande Whisperwind by Krys Decker

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Coalescing Vision cap removed

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:50 PM PST

    When you wake in the morning and you know things got bad... ��

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:17 PM PST

    A bird with a bird on his head and a bird on his shoulder riding a bird. I achieved bird!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:18 PM PST

    I designed a Dwarven themed gown for my girl!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Blizzard fixed Corruption on MDI servers

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:38 PM PST

    They're basically enchants, a scroll that you use on your gear. It's so clean. I've had so much fun making per-point-perfect sets for my Paladin. A TD set, a stars set, a gushing wounds set. Guess what? I adore this affix, I think it's great! And with good corruption, it's fucking amazing. Instead of hating the system, I can finally play it the way (I think) it was made to be played.

    Too bad we'll never see it on live. =(

    Waking essences from everything 100% solves the system.

    submitted by /u/Sinnafein
    [link] [comments]

    I fear that Blizzard will probably make essences account wide close to 9.0 pre-patch. Just as late as the legendary vendor at the end of legion...

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:32 PM PST

    Exactly like the legendary change, this would be waaaayyy too late.

    submitted by /u/Retsinia
    [link] [comments]

    Can the game move away from the heavy focus on short-termed systems?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:17 AM PST

    For me, the biggest issue in WoW currently is that they have 0 ideas on how to utilize what is probably the greatest and most iconic open world in gaming, and instead pigeonhole players into the most recent expansion/patch zone. And with these come asinine, per-patch systems like essences and corruption that fuck off as soon as the next patch comes out. Why?

    The endless grind aspect only worked in Legion because artifacts were extremely fun on their own for their appearance and lore, combine that with order halls and mounts and we had the best expansion for class fantasy ever, which is why Legion should have been reserved as the last expansion IMO.

    submitted by /u/durrburger93
    [link] [comments]

    Guardian of the Glade Sculpted by Afflixit

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:51 AM PST

    Very relative healer pie chart

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PST

    Pug tanking is a nightmare

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:34 AM PST

    I've never experienced this high density of toxicity trough playing a game like WoW before. Im a solo brewmaster Monk that enjoys tanking. Granted, Im a bit of a beginner (played for 4 months now). I dont know the best routes trough M+ dungeons, nor do I know all of the meta pulls and tactics. But I consider myself a good player, and have a good overview on when there is too much stress on the healer. This week has been necrotic so I've been kiteing mobs a lot, sphere of supression and ring of peace has been a godsend for this.

    Last night I was gonna tank Siege of Boralus for the first time. I decided to bump my key down to +4 (Im ilvl 455), and I explained in the LFG that I was inexperienced. Even though knowing this, random people in my group decided to leave several times without a word (otherwise they'll insult my mother before leaving.) This wasnt due to me getting us wiped or making any mistakes... this was solely for not knowing you could shortcut at the very start of the dungeon.

    And this has been the general experience for me. Having people shit on you everytime something doesnt go according to their plan.

    submitted by /u/snillrik
    [link] [comments]

    Elf commision By Gustavo Menoz(me)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:11 PM PST

    The Warrior - WoW fanart wallpaper #2 [3840x2160] Hope you like it!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:38 AM PST

    When you accidentally dismount in the air but don't die from the fall

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:23 AM PST

    Hotfixes WoW Mar 2

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Hotfixes

    March 2, 2020

    Classes

    Hunters can again tame Juggernaut pets within the Siege of Orgrimmar raid instance.

    Dungeons and Raids

    Ny'alotha, the Waking City

    Prophet Skitra

    [With regional restarts] Prophet Skitra now has 2 intermission phases (was 4 intermission phases) on all difficulties.

    Prophet Skitra now enters intermission phases at 33% and 66% health (was 20%, 40%, 60% and 80% health).

    [With regional restarts] Dark Ritual's debuff effect now increases by 4% per stack (was 2% per stack) on all difficulties.

    Developers' note: Especially as raids' overall damage output increases, many groups are spending a disproportionate amount of time dealing with Skitra's illusions, and often skipping other mechanics entirely. This change is aimed at making the overall pace of the fight more consistent regardless of raid damage.

    Ra-den the Despoiled

    [With regional restarts] Void Collapse cast time increased to 4.5 seconds on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.

    [With regional restarts] Reduced the damage of Void Collapse on all difficulties.

    [With regional restarts] Void Defilement duration decreased to 6 seconds on Mythic difficulty.

    N'Zoth the Corruptor

    [With regional restarts] Azeroth's Radiance now restores 25 Sanity (was 20 Sanity).

    Thought Harvester

    [With regional restarts] Harvest Thoughts Shadow damage reduced by 10%.

    [With regional restarts] Harvest Thoughts Sanity drain reduced to 300 (was 400).

    Developers' note: We've seen extensive use of player immunities to avoid the consequences of certain raid mechanics, and while we want to allow player utility to function wherever possible, we're wary when specific class compositions feel required. The changes to both Ra-den and N'Zoth are intended to make a wider range of raid compositions feel viable on Mythic difficulty.

    [With regional restarts] Mindgrasp can no longer be interrupted by Priests' Cosmic Ripple (Talent).

    Items and Rewards

    The currency limit for Coalescing Visions has been removed.

    Developers' note: Especially since the removal of the unique cap on Vessels, we've seen a lot of feedback about the inventory clutter of multiple Vessels. By removing the cap on Coalescing Visions, players should now feel free to buy Vessels from Wrathion as needed, rather than stockpiling them in bags.

    Cache of the Black Empire will award 12,500 Coalescing Visions instead of a Vessel of Horrific Visions and 2,500 Coalescing Visions.

    Memory Cube can now only be used in non-instanced areas.

    Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Manifesto of Madness' on-use effect from working in Mythic and Mythic Keystone Dungeon difficulties.

    Corrupted Items

    Twilight Devastation's effectiveness has been reduced in situations where it strikes more than 5 targets. It has been changed as follows:

    Deals normal damage on up to 5 targets.

    Deals 50% reduced damage to targets 6 through 10.

    Shrinks in radius each time it damages a target above 5, causing it to disappear after hitting 10 targets.

    Heart of Azeroth

    The Formless Void's Rank 3 (Essence) Minor Power should no longer break Rogues out of stealth.

    Corrected an issue with Memory of Lucid Dreams (Essence) where Frost Mages using Glacial Spike and an instant cast Flurry could sometimes have their icicle buff count and visual display not match.

    Player versus Player

    Heart of Azeroth

    Corrected an issue where Vision of Perfection (Essence) Rank 3 Minor Power's effect was removed when entering an Arena match.

    N'Zoth Assaults

    Added a portal to exit the Pools of Power after defeating Vil'raxx in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

    Timewalking

    [With regional restarts] Updated player health, damage, and healing scaling to compensate for Azerite Essences and Corruption.

    Developers' note: Timewalking is meant to be largely gear-agnostic, allowing players with different progression and even different levels to group together. We've generally added hidden modifiers to offset the power of special systems like Legion's artifact weapons while still allowing them to function, but had not done so for recent Battle for Azeroth systems, causing large imbalances in power between endgame players with Corruption and Essences.

    submitted by /u/1deathknight1
    [link] [comments]

    Battle Scene of Two Characters, commission work by me (Oksana Kerro)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:12 AM PST

    Just a tip: If you completed MoP challenge modes, you can teleport to the vale.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:30 AM PST

    Vision: A Father's Tale

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:44 PM PST

    I sit with my son beside me, eager to watch his father play his favorite game, and I prepare to enter the Vision of Orgrimmar resolute that no matter what happens, my son's innocence is paramount; he is the Wrathion to my Neltharion, and my corruption must not taint him.

    Five masks - stacked one after the other, my first crack at what I believe to be a simple challenge in a video game that, in reality, will likely sentence me to several doctors in the future revealing, to my surprise, an elevated blood pressure and risks related.

    The Valley of Wisdom was crumbling under the Twilight Devastation tied to my shield. Avatar humming, as if endless. Storm Bolts slamming squid in the side of the head before they have a chance to lock me into certain insanity.

    Titan proc.

    Elite pull.

    No sweat.

    Running up the hill, Garona fighting a tentacle I've missed.

    I grin.

    I charge.

    Stuck in a post unable to move, my small Mechanical dominator is struck down by some line of code, like many complained about by many nerds and know-it-alls in passing who scoff, somehow attributing ATVI-BLIZ's stock value woes to some shoddy hit detection or weird interplay between if/then statements.

    I am no different; I feel rage and think in that moment of the sarcastic bug report containing a link to a beginner C++ course I could send in my anger.

    I shake it off and regain focus; I have lost my free resurrection to this circumstance, but the post is bested and it holds me no more.

    I press on.

    I charge the elite up the hill, eager to regain lost time.

    I clip through the wall of a hut.

    I am beneath the ground.

    My own void pool terminates my just-filled sanity bar.

    MOTHER pulls me from the Vision.

    My son's vocabulary expands.

    submitted by /u/eas988
    [link] [comments]

    New Undead Haircuts in WOWHEAD Model viewer

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:57 AM PST

    A Very Serious Survival Hunter Guide | Patch 8.3

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:00 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment