• Breaking News

    Monday, April 13, 2020

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!


    Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle! RwlRwlRwlRwl!
    That's murloc for "Welcome to Murloc Mondays" - where people can ask any type of question about WoW without getting strangled by a Death Knight.
    Questions can range from what's new in Battle for Azeroth, what class is OP, and how many Demons will it take to down Thrall?
    Questions can come from brand new players, players returning, or veteran players who never got a chance to ask the right question. Afraid of not getting an answer? Rest assured, we know that at least 90% of questions get answered!

    You may want to look at /r/wownoob (Retail), or /r/AzerothNoob (Classic) as well!


    Here are some handy guides to start your adventure in Battle for Azeroth for the first time or start World of Warcraft as a brand new player or start Classic World of Warcraft as a brand new player.

    Unless you played in the current expansion, pretty much everything has changed. If you're returning after a very long break, check out the WoW Returning Players Guide.

    If you are returning from earlier in Battle for Azeroth, check out the guides for gearing up, unlocking Nazjatar and Mechagon, and flying.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard should extend the bonus EXP event as leveling alts was never this fun before

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Blizzard, please keep the XP boost until Shadowlands.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I've been bored enough lately that I decided to level another paladin just to have something else to do in game, and I have to say I really like having the xp boost active right now. I know it's completely OP, but the rate at which I'm obtaining new abilities and talents is actually keeping me interested in my new alt.

    It's obviously not like the fix that I'm looking forward to in SL, but it's a nice little band-aid to a really broken part of the game and I hope Blizzard will extend the duration until Shadowlands pre-patch launches. I think it's good for retaining players as well as enticing new ones, and if the 1-50 grind in SL is actually as fast as we've seen in alpha then I see no reason why Blizz should remove the buff.

    I think this is a really good thing for the game right now. I'm sure there are others like me who have some 110s left over from Legion but they haven't leveled to 120 because it feels like too much of a grind. I hope with enough feedback we can keep this rolling a bit longer than planned.

    (Forgive me if my formatting is trash, I normally just lurk on reddit.)

    Edit: Spelling.

    submitted by /u/IgnorantBastrd
    [link] [comments]

    Maw raid plate set is the best set I've ever seen.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    Guardians of Stormwind

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Speaking of customization options, this Falconer animation would be a great addition to hunters with bird pets

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    Why is this community so shitty at times? I was doing random dungeon queues to level up, got into a group of 4 friends. I got instantly booted from the group AND I get punished for this? Wtf Blizzard.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Indestructible - Dark Legacy Comics #722

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Feedback: 1-50 Levelling

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Original Forum Post: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-levelling-1-50/141624 I post it here because the Shadowlands Alpha forums on EU are terrible compared to the NA ones, and I don't quite trust Blizzard to actually read them.

    Hello. I recently finished levelling from 1-50 on Alpha, including the Exile's Reach zone and then into the BfA Content. I wanted to say a few words, highlight some issues and also bring some problems forward to where I had problems during the experience.

    In total, the experience took 11 hrs and 59 minutes.

    Proof: imgur.com/a/sxWycbC

    This was with

    No Heirlooms No XP-Pots No Monk-XP buff 

    My Route:

    Level 1-11: Exile's Reach Level 11-12: Kul Tiras Introduction Level 12-29: Tiragarde Sound Level 29-41: Drustvar Level 41-43: War Campaign Footholds (Vol'dun and Zuldazar) Level 43-50: Stormsong Valley 

    Basically, essentially as basic as you can get, no nonsense, just pure basic levelling through the Exile's Reach (New Zone) and the Battle for Azeroth content, where I completed 7/7 of Tiragarde Sound, 10/10 of Drustvar and 4/8 of Stormsong Valley, however I did do a large amount of side quests in both Tiragarde and Drustvar, as well as quite a few in Stormsong, so yes, it does look like you have to do every main story quest to get from 10-50 in BfA. Very good.

    Exile's Reach

    This zone is very well put together, and will do a very good job of teaching players the basics of the game, as well as introducing them to the core tenants of WoW, and showing them the varied questing experiences they may see throughout the game, from Vehicle Quests to a Group Quest, which can be soloable on some classes by utilising their full tool kit, the experience is very well put together with a basic story that does the job. I've done this zone twice now, and both times I enjoyed it. Players learn about Vendors, Quests, Treasures and Rares, all things they will encounter in the Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands content, which is what they have up next.

    There are also some cool class quests, such as Hunters learning how to tame beasts and make traps, and Paladins learning the importance of using Bubble to avoid taking fatal damage - and the game REQUIRES you to use bubble in this quest, if you don't, you will die.

    One problem with the class quests is the end of the experience, when you get your mount and then you go off on your adventure in Kul Tiras. Everyone gets a basic racial mount. I feel like Warlocks and Paladins should receive a small class quest, even if it's very basic, in order to show them their unique Felsteed and Charger. Even if it's something simple like: "We have noticed your deeds on the Exile's Reach, we would like to present you a gift." or something small like that.

    The only quote unquote big 'problem' I can think of from this zone is the itemisation, on my Hunter, I ended the zone with a full set of greens (barring one item), but I also received two green bracers, where I received zero green gloves. On my Paladin, I ended the zone with only a couple of green items, not the full set like I had on my hunter.

    A small issue is also the Weapon Vendor at the end of the experience, to sell you weapons for your other specs, does not sell a Shield, meaning I used the same, White Shield until level 25 or so, equivalent to 60. I also used White Gloves until level 26, equivalent to level 66 on Live.

    Another issue, and this is really nitpicky, is the game doesn't teach the player about durability and repairs, where it does about buying and selling to vendors. But when that's the worst thing about the zone? You've done a very good job here Blizzard, Bravo on this.

    Mounts

    I spoke earlier about there being no introduction to the Class Mounts, but another issue with the Mounts whilst levelling is the pacing of the upgrades.

    The current levels for the mounts on Alpha is as follows:

    Level 10: 60% Mount Level 17: 100% Mount Level 25: 150% Flying Level 27: 280% Flying Level 30: 310% Flying 

    I believe this should be changed. First of all, remove the 60% mount speed, it's not neccessary, it's just a waste of time. Start the player off with 100% Mount speed. It felt very jarring to be halfway through the second chapter of Tiragarde Sound, and suddenly needing to back to Stormwind in order to train riding, it takes me out of the story and takes me out of the flow.

    As for flying, Pathfinder for old zones has to go, I'm sorry, I like Pathfinder, but if a new player, who spends almost all his gold at level 25, to get flying, then finds out they can't actually use it in the place they are playing, Kul Tiras or Zandalar, it's going to feel terrible, awful, extremely jarring and almost as if you've been robbed. Pathfinder should be removed for these old content or changed to give a small bonus mount speed in these zones.

    I also believe the 150% flying should be removed, and flying start off at 280%, Consolidate the flying levels, there's no need for three. The 310% speed should also come a little later, as something a higher level player can work towards.

    Here's my proposal for the Mount Speeds:

    Level 10: 100% Mount Level 25: 280% Flying Level 40: 310% Flying 

    Battle for Azeroth War Campaign

    The War Campaign for Battle for Azeroth, despite levelling in Tiragarde and Drustvar, unlocked at level 40, and then I could do all three footholds all in one session. I think this should change, pace the content out slightly and make it more of an unlock.

    For Example:

    Level 25: Foothold 1 Level 35: Foothold 2 Level 45: Foothold 3 

    Gold When Levelling

    Throughout my entire levelling experience, Questing was absolutely pointless in terms of the amount of gold I received. I was getting 40 Silver per quest at level 36. Level 36, is roughly equivalent to level 94 or so on live. Where you would be getting 13-20 gold per quest.

    This was very prevalent in Exile's Reach, where looting treasures gave me many golds worth of trash, wheras the quests gave literal coppers.

    It felt weird and jarring to get trash items that sold for heaps of gold when questing and looting was giving me coppers and silvers. For example, a Weapon I got from a quest at a low level could sell for 142g.

    I believe this is just a scaling bug, but it still feels jarring and is something that needs to be fixed. Quest rewards need to be scaled up quicker, as even at the late 40s, it was giving me 70-80 Silver.

    I ended the levelling experience with 3474g.

    Assorted Issues

    I never received my Heart of Azeroth, but I kept getting Azerite from the quests in Kul Tiras. This surely would confuse a new player, they're getting this mysterious resource that doesn't quite make any sense to them. Perhaps remove the Azerite from these quests completely.

    Quests that give food, such as the Sailor's Pie, may be given to you at level 15 or so, but the food itself requires level 45.

    Items that drop that are Uncommon (Greens) are stuck ~10-15 levels below your level, unsure if this is unintended?

    Some Bugs I found

    Some Quests are bugged in BfA Content, for example, the quest 'Running Late' in Drustvar, where you search Waycrest's Daughter's room, does not work as you need to be a certain 'skill' to loot the actual item, which is presumably a level requirement that hasn't been squished down.

    There are random crashes and FPS stutters/freezes that DON'T happen on the live game, for example, the Waterfall in Gol Osigir can crash your game and disconnect you when you're in the rushing, moving waters.

    I received a level 45 piece of armour from a quest scaled to level 42.

    Sethrak Raiders in the War Campaign foothold in Vol'dun are level 50, despite my character being level 42, they should scale.

    In the quest 'Heavy Artillery' in Stormsong Valley, the vehicle sometimes 'jams', not letting the player fire, having to exit and enter the vehicle over and over again.

    I of course reported all these bugs in game. But I thought I'd highlight them here too.

    Overall, this experience was a very good one. I'm looking forward to further testing in future, the speed was very nice and the pacing of rewards, spells and abilities felt mostly good. A few painpoints in the start, especially for the Paladin, which had a ton of downtime and felt kind of offputting, but of course picked up and ramped up over time. I think a fix could be moving Hammer of Wrath down to before level 10, and moving Hand of Justice a little later. Right now the Paladin combat feels bad and may put off players, compared to a Hunter who can always act.

    I have to say though, the levelling experience is FAR better than it is in Live. Keep it up.

    Sorry for not using a thesaurus for the word 'jarring'.

    submitted by /u/Valrysha1
    [link] [comments]

    just wanted to drop this

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    I want to wear this on my character. Now.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Everyone going on about Arthas, Kael'Thas etc. This is who i want to meet again in Shadowlands, Pamela.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Shadowland! ... ahem.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    For anyone trying to gear fresh alts in 8.3....

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    I was looking for a general idea on how to gear my alts quickly and couldn't find any real answers. I'm not sure if that's on me for not looking carefully enough, but I thought I'd post this as a PSA to everyone else---

    1. At 120, do the quest to unlock Nazjatar immediately.
    2. Do the first couple of intro quests until it sends you to the Heart Chamber
    3. This Heart Chamber quest instantly puts your Heart of Azeroth at level 50 (i435)
    4. Return to Nazjatar, finish up unlocking World Quests, doesn't take more than a couple of minutes
    5. Do the first batch of quests for the Manapearls, you'll get ~20-40 pearls
    6. You'll get a free i400 benthic piece, but buy a full set of i385 Benthic gear as well to get your ilevel up
    7. A) (This week only) do 5 timewalking dungeons for a free raid gear piece + chance at i425 loot

      B) Back to capital, start 8.3 questline for the legendary cloak. You'll get at least one i440 piece in the process and possibly some Black Empire BoA gear

    8. Finish up world quests/meta quests, they should now scale between i410-430 for any pieces you need to up!

    Ran this process on a couple of my alts who all seem to end around i420-430 within a few hours on the day they hit 120!

    submitted by /u/TheGreatMalagan
    [link] [comments]

    Concept for my voodoolady Zu‘jah - drawn by me

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    A Worgen customization option in Shadowlands should be to automatically return to Human form out of combat.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I play a Worgen myself and while I do appreciate my wolf form I have seen several requests on the forums to0 and heard from other players that they often use their human form out of combat. People even made addons in the past (which was then disallowed for tampering with the game) and has requested macros for this for role play reasons and mounting as a human.

    Secondly a lot of characters in the game - including our racial leader Genn Greymane - spend their time out of combat in human form.

    While we all appreciate the rework done recently to the Worgen race, I do know a lot of people who play Worgen for the "having a feral/dark side" lycantrophy you use for combat sort of fantasy, and who use the Human form when they can out of combat.

    Adding this small feature would add a lot of player agency to what kind of Worgen they want to play - I would argue even more than new fur and eye colors.

    EDIT: Apparantly need to stress this should obviously be an OPTIONAL feature for Worgen players. Not a permanent change and the old style should still be available.

    submitted by /u/Bjek
    [link] [comments]

    Due to less pollution, Windfury Totem is now again visible in the Shaman spell book

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    It is currently available on Shadowlands alpha.

    submitted by /u/YallaYalla
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard, with all this customisation stuff can you please do one thing: Allow us to wear hats, and have hair displayed if want, regardless of clipping.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Seriously having to be bald for any hat is just so dumb.

    submitted by /u/henry8362
    [link] [comments]

    Torghast Tower might be the best thing for one reason...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Everwarm Socks - Ice Block no longer covers your feet, allowing you to move... albeit very slowly.

    Can already see my gnome trying to sneak away

    Just one of many small but fun abilities you can get in the tower (subject to change). Honestly surprised they haven't done this far sooner! With glyphs or something

    submitted by /u/McBadgerBoy
    [link] [comments]

    New Orc Character Customization Options in Shadowlands

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Maw Raid Cloth Armor

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    The Same Effort Went Into This Totem Placement As My Editing of This Picture

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    All I want to see back in shadowlands..

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    All new Shadowlands dungeons screenshots from alpha.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Obviously its just early alpha and some of them are missing rooms or entire dungeon parts, but most already look good enough.

    The Necrotic Wake

    Theater of Pain

    Mists of Tirna Scithe

    Halls of Atonement

    Spires of Ascension

    Plaguefall

    De Other Side

    Sanguine Depths

    submitted by /u/any_color_square
    [link] [comments]

    Please Don't Time Gate and Time Limit Torghast

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    It is still early in development, but there are hints that Torghast gameplay will be restricted through the same means as Visions have been in 8.3.

    According to wowhead's latest post previewing Torghast we see that there are keys requiring to enter and there is a stat to maintain called Vitality which appears similar to Sanity from Visions. If you run out of keys or if you run out of vitality, you're locked out of this content.

    The general sentiment in the community is that Visions have been great but we would love it if we could run them more. They would be even better if we didn't have an artificial time limit forcing us to race through the content, just how we don't get to enjoy Island Expeditions as much as we could.

    We can already see Blizzard setting the stage for making Torghast have the same time restrictions as Visions has, which would be a disappointment.

    You can read wowhead's full preview here.

    EDIT: Time gate gear if you must, but don't time gate content.

    submitted by /u/Purpz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment