• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 9, 2020

    World of Warcraft Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread

    World of Warcraft Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread


    Midweek Mending - Your Weekly Healing Thread

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to Midweek Mending, your weekly thread for everything related to trying to save people who just can't help but stand in the fire. You're the hero we need but don't deserve. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to healing of any kind.


    Check out pins within the Class Discords (Retail) or the Class Discords (Classic) for good, vetted information.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just saying..

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    If lategame rep grind was as fast as it is with the current buff, I’d actually probably make it a point to play more and grind more reps rather than stopping my subscription for 6 months of the year. The problem with grind isn’t that it’s slow, it’s that it’s MISERABLY slow.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: I am by all standards a "casual" player. Though I've played since vanilla it's always been sporadic, predominantly because I step away from the game when I stop enjoying it. I get enjoyment from the game from two things: progression and the acquisition of shiny things I want (mounts, armors, and most recently allied races).

    In the past, I despised rep grind with every inch of my body. It's always what drove me to stop playing after I got to endgame content, especially the requirement that basically anything worthwhile was gated behind the Exalted status which was typically a few months of dedicated grinding of painfully monotonous fetch quests. The thing that frustrated me the most was how painfully slow the progression of rep was. Every day I'd do my dailies and I could barely even see the reputation bar move. I had no sense of progress until I'd devoted upwards of 10-15 hours solely to grinding. It didn't feel rewarding to play or satisfying to repeat, so the ultimate goal of whatever I was grinding for felt distant and ultimately not worthwhile.

    Fast forward to recent years. For the past 3 expansions I've really only had the patience to grind a single reputation, despite having a desire to exalt with a variety of reps each time for the various goodies they offer. As a result, I would grind my one rep and typically leave a few days after enjoying the fruits of my labor, typically exhausted with the grinding itself it took to get there. In Battle For Azeroth, I was so dismayed with how long it would take me to get allied races to exalted I didn't even bother this time. Until the beginning of this month.

    I picked up my recently abandoned Zandalari rep grind which was sitting at high Honored and started grinding again. Instantly I saw actual visible results. The dailies moved the needle, the occasional world quest bundle thing created actual sizable impact. It finally felt like my grinding was pushing me towards a goal that was attainable in a feasible amount of time. Cut to yesterday, I finish my exalt and begin to enjoy my new druid (yay dinosaurs). The thing is, after this grind I actually didn't feel exhausted with the game. I actually have the desire to grind out my nightborne rep. I actually want to keep playing the game and not go AWOL for another 6 months.

    I understand the business model requires gating some of these things to grinding to keep people invested, but if my experience says anything it's that if you make the grinding fast enough to feel progress more directly, it incentivizes people to play more rather than causing them to give up the game as a result of finishing the grind too quickly.

    Food for thought (also i vote for the gooey cat skeleton)

    Edit: Thanks for the various awards. I would say I hope this creates meaningful change at Blizzard but that's more than likely a pipe dream. A few closing thoughts:

    To those that say "ur just lazy u don't want to grind etc etc" you should consider that many people don't have the time to commit their lives to this game but still want to enjoy what it has to offer without being forced to wait months to do so as a result of grinding.

    To those that say "if we made this normal you would just want it faster once you got used to this" first off beautiful slippery slope fallacy but just because someone wants something adjusted doesn't mean they want the bar slid as far to the other side as possible

    To those that don't mind grinding, yay for you? I guess?

    I will die on my slimy saber hill get your books and trees outta here

    submitted by /u/TheLoneRook
    [link] [comments]

    "You can't draw Illidan, they said. You are no prepared, they said." Jokes aside, really proud of this one :D

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Rumors Suggest TBC Classic Beta in Q1 2021

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    Visual representation of me every reset day

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    My birthday was last week and my best friend/favorite WoW partner came to town to bring me my gift today! (poster is my main since Legion)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Cloaks are still torn on male/female Undead when bones are hidden.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Forsaken Warrior art - by Frans Flygare

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Things are getting intense for new Pandarens

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Don't design zones FOR FLYING before we are allowed to fly.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Nazjatar is probably the best example of this - actually a fun zone, amazing looking, but fuck me was it awful to traverse before we got flying / without using all kinds of toys and gliders. Not having flying can actually be fine - look at the legion zone design for example, even highmountain wasn't anywhere near as bad as nazjatar on ground mounts.

    submitted by /u/Inspirediq
    [link] [comments]

    The Truth Behind PvP Gear in Shadowlands - How Bad Is It? Vendor Update / Stoopzz's Video

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Probably should have posted this before: Garrosh calling Sylvanas

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    He did it Boys. The Shadowlands are saved.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Elves, elves everywhere

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Am I wrong?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    i left my newbie friend for dead at the darkmoon faire carousel

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Dragons from WoW day 3 - Ysera

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Preach - The Math has Begun - Racials and Renown

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Sanctified Scourgelord Art by me :)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    On the honor discourse

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Took me a while but I finally unlocked the bayonet attachment!

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Wish this was the way we was obtaining the base PVP item. Then upgrade the ilvl with honor/conquest.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    The Shadowlands were originally referred to as “Hades”. From the “Warcraft” manual from 1996.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Seen people making suggestions for pre-patch rewards, my idea would be this bad boy as a mount. We already have an updated model for one it would just need a color swap.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment