• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    World of Warcraft Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

    World of Warcraft Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread


    Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to Tanking Tuesday, your weekly thread for everything related to standing in front of mobs and saying "HIT ME" and taking it like a champ. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to tanking of any kind.


    Check out pins within the Class Discords (Retail) or the Class Discords (Classic) for good, vetted information.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    He's talking about me, guys!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Made some "datamined" loading screen for Shadowlands

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Witnessed something special today.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Congrats to my guild for getting realm first KJ

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    I made a Deathwing dress for Animal Crossing!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I'd really like to see something like the Anti-Gravity Pack from Mechagon become an actual mount someday, (perhaps the player wings from Shadowlands could work this way?)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    I made a custom model for Muradin Bronzebeard by recoloring and editing ingame assets (Look based on his official art and Warcraft 3 Reforged appearance)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Inky black potion = stunning

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    You've seen M'zoth, so here's M'thun

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Finally got long boy!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    Neat detail I noticed. Flight path stormwing has a tattoo. Mount version does not.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    The Souls in Thorghast are Not Prepared.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    the WHAT

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Friend of mine is having a really hard time with all the social distancing, and decided to draw Sylvannas, could you people say what I try to tell her every day, that she is 1000% person in everything she does :D

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Wow in china changing gore to bread has me rolling

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Really Blizzard, up for 3 days....

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Hmm...

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    Made this little guy over the weekend.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    The Priestess' Moonsaber is a great looking mount, but when will Blizzard fix the character model issue? Characters don't seem 'attached' to the mount, and instead clip through it awkwardly and generally look strange (especially when running/flying)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    I miss my old Goblin =(

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I did a thing

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    You're probably a better player than you think you are.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I did my first 10 key at the end of last season and got over some of my anxiety about running higher content. I think when I started the season I set my goal at like 1200 or 1400 IO for the season(at the time I couldn't imagine timing every dungeon in a 10 key, people sit in trade chat and spam to sell these runs all day long for a fortune on Illidin, so in my mind at the time, they must be really difficult, so 1400 seemed like a really big deal) So I went on this subreddit and started asking questions right before season 4 started, and found out about shit like pre-potting, trash potting, etc. It was like I was a whole new player, I was using interrupts, running mechanics well, I had played this game since BC, and it was almost like overnight I had become twice the player I was after more than a decade of being a pretty terrible player.

    So the season started, and I dug in, leveled my own keys, and pushed. I think in the first 3 or 4 weeks I got my Awakened title, was super proud/happy and called it a day. I kind of abandoned my main, except for running 1 12 a week for a piece of 470 gear, and over the next few months I leveled/geared 13 alts, and persisted to only time 1 12 key a week on my main for my gear drop(being 470+ when mythic content only drops 475 seemed like a fantasy to me in previous seasons, I had never been better than heroic raid geared before, so I thought I would be happy with just being in the same ballpark as end-game geared players).

    So fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I'm sitting with my highest toon being 474 ilvl, and my IO is something like 15-1600. And I'm no longer happy being 'almost as geared as most mythic raiders.' So I start compiling information from different websites, making sure I'm using BIS essences, Azurite traits, trinkets, etc. I get my main as perfectly geared as I can without mythic raiding or timing 15's for the 475 gear in the chest, and once again I'm star struck looking at 2k+ players like they're some whole other class of player that I could never aspire to be. So I start trying to apply to 15 key runs, declined declined declined declined, all of earlier this week I got shut down hard, couldn't get a single group invite.

    Finally, I employ the tactic I had to use when I decided to start running 10's, leveled my own key to a 15 last Friday. After that things took off like a rocket, I was timing 15-19 runs left and right for 3 days straight, and right now I'm sitting at 2100 IO, with a timed +19, and all but 2 of the dungeons timed at 15-17. So before reset tomorrow, I'll have my 'all 15's timed' achievement and 2200 IO, in just a couple days--when a week ago my goal was just to try and time a 15 a week to get a little better gear.

    Anyway, the point of this post(other than to boast a little about accomplishing something I never thought I would) is one of the most common complaints I see on this subreddit is 'I can't get invited to groups.' Earlier this week, no one would even let me in a 15 key run, and typing this right now, I'm sitting on higher timed runs than a lot of the people who declined me a few days ago without adding a single piece of gear. It just took me having to quit expecting people to give me a chance, and to make my own opportunities. And I'll be honest, group rejection can and will leave you feeling like you just aren't good enough to be running higher content. After endless rejections you start to think maybe you've peaked, and maybe that's the case, but if you feel like you can/should be doing better than you are, just start leveling your own keys and work at it, because you're probably capable of doing better than you think. Because now I'm thinking that maybe 3k is a possibility eventually, when a week ago I didn't think I'd ever even see 2k.

    tl;dr You'll never know your limit in this game until you set yourself up to see where they are.

    submitted by /u/FPS_Gunfighter
    [link] [comments]

    My aim this season was to +15 every dungeon! To get the mount and today I did it! Now I feel I have no aim, does anyone else have any suggestions?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment