• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here


    Murloc Monday - ask your questions here

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle! RwlRwlRwlRwl!

    That's murloc for "Welcome to Murloc Mondays" - where people can ask any type of question about WoW without getting strangled by a Death Knight.

    Questions can range from what's new in Shadowlands, what class is OP, and how many Demons will it take to down Thrall?

    Questions can come from brand new players, players returning, or veteran players who never got a chance to ask the right question.

    Afraid of not getting an answer? Rest assured, we know that at least 90% of questions get answered!

    You may want to look at /r/wownoob (Retail), or /r/AzerothNoob (Classic) as well!


    Here are some handy guides to [start your adventure in Shadowlands for the first time](https://www.wowhead.com/guides/leveling-world-of-warcraft-faq) or start World of Warcraft as a brand new player or start Classic World of Warcraft as a brand new player.

    Unless you played in the current expansion, pretty much everything has changed. If you're returning after a very long break, check out the WoW Returning Players Guide.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    WoW Esports 2021 Announcement - Mon @10AM

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:23 PM PST

    My fucking warhound had sex and now she won't stop walking like this

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Don’t be surprised when Blizzard brings back Titan Forging

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    I've been seeing a lot of posts and comments on here complaining that loot is too rare. If people keep saying this we will be right back where we were with BFA. Loot feels special right now and it feels earned. In BFA you were Showered with loot at every corner.

    I don't know how many of you are new to WoW but this isn't Destiny you aren't supposed to be able to fully gear out a character with Best in slot in 2 weeks. If people keep bitching about themselves being entitled to gear Blizzard will listen and they will come up with some Titan-Forging esque system and inflate the gear system again with too much nonsense and the cycle will repeat itself.

    I don't care if you did Mythics for 2 hours and didn't get anything. I don't care that you killed 5 raid bosses and only got anima. This is how the game should be. Because at the end of the day when you see someone with Full best in slot gear you know they have put in the time. That's how the game was in vanilla and that's how it is in Shadowlands. So unless you want gear bloat again for the love of god stop complaining about "a gear drought".

    Edit-To clarify I don't think that People should be guaranteed loot for every activity they do. It can be frustrating to spend hours doing content to not get anything but imo it's an necessary evil so people don't get fully geared in 2 weeks and quit. Bringing back additional loot systems like master loot to raids would definitely make the loot system less painful for those who don't get anything. At the end of the day it comes down to time invested and those who invest more time should have the more rare gear. I also think that bosses should drop wayyy more than 35 anima.

    submitted by /u/ShreekertheJamisWack
    [link] [comments]

    Baron Vyraz' map room has a Bastion strike plan where you first meet him in the story

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Tower of the Damned - Dark Legacy Comics #752

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    A big *thank you* from a nurse

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:55 AM PST

    Hey Reddit (and maybe Blizz? lol). I know this will likely fade away quickly in the wave of threads but I wanted to express my gratitude for 2 things: 1) Thank you blizz for creating a great expansion pack, I've really enjoyed it so far and I can't tell you how genuinely helpful it is to be able to come home after working 12 hour shifts in the Emergency Department with COVID constantly in my face to be able to play a game that I can get lost in and feel some type of joy. Right now times are hard for healthcare workers (which I appreciate having a job, it's what I signed up for and I don't regret it), but this game really helps after these longs shifts.... and 2) thank you to the community for all the helpful advice and fun memes :) You guys help this crazy ole nurse out with some help and some laughs. Cheers and stay safe <3

    Edit: Wow, I'm truly humbled by all of the love you guys are showing. I posted this with intent to spread positivity and show my appreciation for you guys and Blizzard, not seeking glory, but it truly means a lot to see so much support for healthcare workers. Maybe it won't surprise anyone that i'm also a resto druid main in the game haha, can't escape being a healer virtually or IRL. Again, thank you guys and thank you for the gold/silver/awards. You've truly brightened my day <3

    submitted by /u/jwolford90
    [link] [comments]

    18 Warcraft Characters as Hero Forge miniatures (probably done a dozen times but here's my attempt)

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    Sometimes it happens

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:59 AM PST

    Would you also like my first born child too?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:09 PM PST

    Mythic+ should count towards Callings progress

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    If I have a Defend (Zone) calling that can be completed in Normal/Heroic/Mythic0 why doesn't it gain progress in Mythic+? It feels like an oversight on Blizzards part. Hopefully they change this.

    submitted by /u/bigeyez
    [link] [comments]

    Oribos has the rep Quartermasters in the city

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Me and my voidwalker finally agree on something

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:49 PM PST

    Torghast: Please let me read my Anima powers without getting murdered

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Much has already been said about the Out of Combat Torghast mechanics being incredibly annoying since they prevent you from safely getting up from your computer to grab a drink, use the bathroom, scratch your rear, etc.

    I just want to emphasize something else I haven't seen touched on: Can I have a second to read the text on the freaking anima powers so I can actually think about it and make a choice without getting dive bombed by angels? Or complete a puzzle without mobs spawning on top of me?

    Even if you are glued to your screen the whole time you are in Torghast, the out of combat mechanics are still just ridiculously obnoxious and absolutely undercut other elements of the experience.

    submitted by /u/belowbronze
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, okay, we get it already.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:33 PM PST

    And another one edited screenshot from my collection

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:57 PM PST

    These queue times are getting out of hand

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Should/will the Nightborne models be updated? Blizzard themselves don't even use the playable models. When finishing the War Campaign you are accompanied by many nightborne, all using legion's NPC skins.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    It seems even Blizzard themselves think these models are too bad to use. I have been catching up on BFA story quests as I quit somewhere right around the start of 8.2 and seeing them use the old (better) models made me chuckle.

    submitted by /u/wilder_people
    [link] [comments]

    Can we look at/open this window without standing next to the vault, please?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:09 AM PST

    You can tell who's never played Roguelikes

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:35 PM PST

    You can tell who's never played a roguelike dungeon crawler by the complaints about Torghast. "Some runs too weak, "bosses too hard", "too random", "stealth mobs attacking me when out of combat".

    It's a rogue-like dungeon crawler. It's supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be different every time. You're not supposed to win every run. You're gonna die a lot until you learn the mechanics and/or get that lucky, magical, murdercannon build where you nuke half the level.

    Enjoy the genre mashup and keep playing.

    submitted by /u/-GreenSun-
    [link] [comments]

    Utter silliness in Torghast on my mage. Runecloth Wrappings x4 + Seeker's Scroll x3 + Frostbite Wand = 1.6 million damage fireball to one-shot the Layer 5 boss

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 09:21 AM PST

    Dear Mr. Blizzard, Scale Anima Power with M+ key level, it feels super whack to run hours of high keys and only end up with 140 Anima after 3 hours and no loot. Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    Also, why does a random dungeon give same anima and gold (sometimes more so) as a +15 when there is no other reward for me?

    I don't care that I don't get a drop every dungeon, but the reward that I DO get (gold/anima) should reflect the difficulty of the content.


    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard needs to punish leavers in M+

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:08 PM PST

    Witnessed so many leaving keys today that it made me angry holy shit. People joining groups then failing some pulls or so and then they blame others and leave, because they are so imba pro mdi players. If I want to report them, there is no suitable option. Maybe "language" when they even insult the group. But cmon man what's this attitude? At least finish the key and eventually get loot. What are you doing when people leave?

    submitted by /u/prox76
    [link] [comments]

    The situation with loot and item level is not a SL issue but a community one.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I keep on reading everywhere that there are big concerns regarding loots "I did 45 M+ and got 2 pieces of loot, now I can't join any group because they all ask for 210 ilvl for mythic 0 ; now i've fallen behind might as well quit" etc.

    Firstly, we did not even have our first weekly vault, chill out a bit.

    Secondly, this is entirely the community hitting itself. The first groups that went into m0 were going right after dinging 60 and did not even have 160 ilvl, same for the m+. My guild spammed bgs last week to fill out remaining slots and we went into M+ with around 180 average ilvl and cleared/depleted up to 9 and 10 keys.

    Yes some of us are having more than 190 ilvl now and cool for them, I did not have that much rewards so I'm still around 185 but I'm still doing more dmg than wednesday so it's still fine. The only thing I might be falling behind is the community perception

    And this one is a big one, by setting dumb requirements to activites the community is hurting itself : right now I expect CN NM pickup to ask for 190 ilvl starting next week. And the week after it will be 195 ilvl. Noone at Blizzard forced it to be like that. That is on us. It should be the contrary, CN NM is being nerfed and the required ilvl will be higher and higher.

    So there are two solutions regarding this issue :

    • you hope that the community stop using others as a tool for fast and easy runs (good luck with that)

    • you join a guild to progress as a group. Because this is the best way to play. Your lucky mates will be able to trade loots and you wont get benched if you had an unlucky streak.

    This is where pickup mentality will bring you at the end of the day : if you're going to be selected for pickup it's because the drafter will consider that you're the easiest way for him to progress.

    The game is still an MMORPG, you can play purely solo but these are the side effects.

    PS : if you're in a guild and you are getting benched because you're not getting "enough" loots, change your guild, you're in a shit one.

    submitted by /u/Mormuth
    [link] [comments]

    LFG is like a job market these days. First week, but must have experience.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    I like the current drop rates, and I'm tired of pretending I don't

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Nine dungeons, it took nine dungeons to see a drop. I caught myself fist pumping! I was genuinely excited to get this drop! The guys in Discord celebrated with me! I haven't felt that way about a loot drop in years, it was great, and I don't want that to go away.

    On that note, I'm loving the current difficulty in M+. L-O-V-I-N-G-I-T! I love seeing people demand a 190 gear score to join their +2, and that group STILL fails to time the key. I LOVE watching an MDI team time a +6 with a 150-170 gear score! Aw, you can't brute force these MYTHIC dungeons anymore? Good!

    I love these things, and I'm tired of pretending I don't.

    submitted by /u/k3vB
    [link] [comments]

    This is why I like torghast <3 (Only Immolation Aura Clearing Torghast)

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:22 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment