• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!

    World of Warcraft Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!


    Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:37 AM PST

    Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle! RwlRwlRwlRwl!
    That's murloc for "Welcome to Murloc Mondays" - where people can ask any type of question about WoW without getting strangled by a Death Knight.
    Questions can range from what's new in Battle for Azeroth, what class is OP, and how many Demons will it take to down Thrall?
    Questions can come from brand new players, players returning, or veteran players who never got a chance to ask the right question. Afraid of not getting an answer? Rest assured, we know that at least 90% of questions get answered!

    You may want to look at /r/wownoob (Retail), or /r/AzerothNoob (Classic) as well!


    New to WoW? Start here! | Returning Player Guide | PvP with us! | Guide to Pet Battles | FAQ | Classic FAQ

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Unless...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:01 PM PST

    what the hell is this blizzard?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:50 AM PST

    Location - Dark Legacy Comics #711

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:40 AM PST

    Azeroth's Prison

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Molten Core Tier 1

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    I kind of miss these open place in retail

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:58 PM PST

    My first loot out of Mythic+ after 8.3 patch was a cloak.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:29 PM PST

    Here is some Warcraft art I have been working on with a Ebon Blade Lothar cosplay. BG done with miniature models and photography.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:37 PM PST

    This patch has lots of bugs.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:30 PM PST

    I miss this place so much. If only we'd been able to run the War Campaign from our Class Halls, this expansion would have been so much better.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:35 PM PST

    I can't unsee it now

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:42 PM PST

    I know it’s poor quality, but I angled my camera just right in Uldum during the assault.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:29 PM PST

    Gotta admit, the corrupted demon-form looks pretty sick

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Dragons

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:21 PM PST

    Typically my friends on Friday night.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:03 AM PST

    Yearly Reminder : Give us Claws of Shirvallah skin BACK

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:26 PM PST

    I really like playing feral druid, but I hate the cat form, Claws of Shirvallah was a really "cute" talent that I picked back in WOD just for the skin, give it us back as a toy / talent / option / transmog, we can already transmog cat / bear skins from Mage Tower, why not this ? thank you

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UWwDxbVbA

    http://i.imgur.com/bmncd3V.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/iLwJ1pO.png

    submitted by /u/Bistoory
    [link] [comments]

    My response to 8.3

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:03 PM PST

    If you don't like long posts, this isn't for you.

    Things I like:

    • Welfare essences and a nice dose of upgrades from the cloak quest (on top of the cloak) for my alts. Lets me ignore the essence grind and have "good enough" essences even if they aren't BIS.
    • Next weeks improved ilevel on lower content for the same reason.
    • Horrific Visions are great content. Wish I could do them more and wish I could help guildies for no reward, but regardless they're awesome.
    • The themes are really cool. I know some people aren't picking up stuff like how Anduin hitting Wrathion was in large part because Nzoth is already in Anduin's head.
    • Raid looks promising
    • I mostly like the events in the invasion zones. Especially the silly one where you mario stomp bugs whack-a-mole style.
    • Mob density and placement means flying is good but that you still have to pay attention
    • Mechanics on world trash means I have to actually play the game while fighting things or I might die. But none of the mechanics feel cheap. That's a good thing.
    • I saw some people complain about "fill the bar." I don't understand why they don't like having choices about how to complete the thing. You can do events, kill rares, open chests, or just stomp mobs. I like being able to just do what I want to get my reward instead of having to do every daily quest in order. This is actually a better design.
    • War mode can be a little frustrating but the design does funnel people into the same areas which means that even though I'm getting ganked once or twice, it also means I can get fights, which i like. Also, since I can turn war mode off, my only real beef is that pvp is horribly unbalanced due to ilevel inflation, which is not related to the patch specifically in a direct way.
    • I wasn't excited by the corruption system (I thought it sounded kind of dumb) but in play it's actually pretty fun. And instead of being annoying it's just funny when the eyeball tries its little heart out to zap me. Haven't tried high corruption on a tank or healer yet though so that might be an issue where the corruption downsides hurt certain roles or specs harder than others (resto druids will be fine, like they always are). Also the gear looks cool.

    Things I didn't like

    • The daily quests are just something I pick up because I might incidentally do them while doing the assault. I have no intention to actually do them on a daily basis because the reward is much too low for the time and effort investment, especially adding the back and forth travel time to quest givers.
    • Should have been some world quests in there too so we can use contracts.
    • Rep rewards are overbalanced toward exalted
    • No new dungeon.
    • Feels pretty light for 9 months worth of content, especially at $15 a month.
    • The bugs. Take some of the money you saved from firing your entire staff during a record profit year and hire a permanent in house QA team.
    • Poor communication around various issues and bugs. You put out a statement about how loot is -supposed- to work in horrific visions, but didn't address the fact that it is not working that way for a huge chunk of the player base.
    • The lesser visions feel pretty aimless and empty. You go in, do your simple daily quest, but there feels like there should be secrets or bonus objectives or hidden chests and so far I haven't found anything. It's mostly just the same each day too. Just slog through and kill stuff while keeping your sanity up by talking to the guys.
    • Making me fly all the way to HOO to skip a scenario and then go back to the heart? Lame. Some of the skips still include travel time. Should not have been built that way. Also, some parts are skippable and some aren't, with no rhyme or reason as to why.
    • PvP was better in Korraks, where gear meant a lot less and skill mattered more. Part of the fun was being able to step in with basically any character and still be effective and not just basically a mob there to provide fun for other players who have better gear. PvP, when done well, is some of the best repeatable content in the game. You make it accessible by making the default pvp modes less gear dependent so that everyone can have fun, not just the minmaxers, no lifers, and ones lucky enough to be on a server where raiding is reasonably accessible during the times they're able to play.
    • Poor communication in general (yes, poor communication is on this list twice, and for good reason). The developers have no resources, sure, but look at companies like DE that still have people whose job it is to interact with the players ever day. Not just answering questions but literally playing alongside them. Really, spend some time studying Warframe's community relations, that should be the industry standard. People would be less sensitive and straight to angry if Blizzard was putting some effort into engaging.

    If Blizzard was better at communication, and if most of this had come out a month or two ago, and then the raid, a five man, and an additional assault zone had come out now, along with some pvp and class issue fixes and some speedup/catchup for essences other than the welfare essences, I think it would have been a lot better received. I mean, also less bugs would have been good. As it stands, I can see how people who have been in BFA the whole time are mad. I consider myself lucky to have only been back for 3 months or so. Based on my initial impressions, I expect that i'll probably put another month into WoW to check out the 8.3 stuff that is slowly phasing out and then let it lapse until 2-3 months after Shadowlands comes out (at which point it might be playable) and then revisit my sub.

    To some extent I know the devs are in a situation where they have expectations that are very high, conflicting desires from customers and from the morons with MBAs who hold the purse strings, and a historic lack of staffing that makes developing a title with this complexity in the amount of time they have totally impossible. But what they need to do is stick up for themselves. If you can't speak openly, start leaking stuff to the gaming press. Put pressure on the MBA morons who have no idea what the company even actually does to give the team the resources it needs to produce the game they want to make.

    It's going to blow up anyway. If you know that, and you do, then why not make it a controlled demolition instead of a disastrous collapse?

    submitted by /u/Tellesus
    [link] [comments]

    The most bullshit infuriating thing ive ever seen in this game.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Are you sure about that?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:13 AM PST

    Anyone else upset that Blizz somewhat fixed the game with Legion then messed it up again with BFA?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:59 AM PST

    As someone who cares a lot about wow its actually so frustrating. I thought WoW was saved. I kinda wish that they just added additional content to Legion forever instead if making BFA.

    submitted by /u/32mow
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry I can't translate this text

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:20 PM PST

    Since Rares can only be looted once a day

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:38 AM PST

    So Blizzard, can you please increase their spawn rate ? I'm sure you will make your playerbase happy, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Bistoory
    [link] [comments]

    Not really sure if it's intentional and this has never really happened to me before but my hunter pet can actually fly up now if i tell it to attack something in the air or high ground, honestly I love it.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Krag'wa the Huge in all his glory

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:01 AM PST

    A Cobbler with tiny feet... How poetic.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:35 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment